Monday 23 September 2013

1..2...3..yes! All 10 digits are still here!

So, those of you who saw my blog post yesterday heard of our shaky play kitchen beginnings.

Well here is how we left off...



Old TV Unit with one added vertical board

 
Our terrible un-square microwave

 
Don't let your hubbies convince you to use anything BUT a table saw!! A miss-shaped, cracked, holey mess will ensue! (PS thanks honey :) )
 
 
So today was a new day. Ventured off to the local Canadian Tire to hopefully find the hinges I was looking for (no luck), but I'll have to make due. Got some extra nails and we're off tot he races.
Both boys had a great nap today, plus Hubby was there to get them when the woke.
 
After I got him to haul the table saw out of the basement, I set to work. I couldn't put this kitchen together hap-hazardly, it would be part of our family for years (and what would my mother say!).
 
 
There are no photos of the sawing (good thing! We are missing the pusher piece and were using scrap wood - DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME - use ALL safety equipment!) but we still have all 10 digits, both Hubby and I. After a short while, an making one cut that was intended to be a sliver but turned into inch or more, I graciously let Hubby return to his football game. I think I've got it from here.
The poor guy means well, but he's just to ram-y for my picky liking! Whatever he fixes in the barn may not look pretty, but it holds & works well, I'm afraid that won't do in my house though!
 
So I cut, glued, nailed, cut some more, and painted painted painted. Here are my end results today.

 
I am realizing this now looks like I have been painting all day with Little C in the same room - Let it be known this was not the case!
 
I used this wonderful paint:
My Mom was the one who introduced me to chalk paint - while not the cheapest paint around, and not widely sold, it really is amazing and worth the coin! So easy to work with and BEST of all, NO prep work! Open the can & paint!
 
Oh! Just so no one thinks that 'old' crooked microwave has gone to waste, no sir! BIG C has been using it as a shed for his horses and cows, bringing them corn (fresh from the field) to eat. Waste not, want not!
 
So, tomorrow BIG C is off to H's place for the day - here's hoping I can completely (or nearly completely) accomplish this kitchen! I will leave you with this - because the colours this time of year are beautiful and I love my guys!
 
 
 
 
Until we meet again!


No comments:

Post a Comment